Sunday, January 23, 2011

A - What I like about her

I’ve wanted to write about the topic suggested by S in her last post for quite a while. I’m glad that she brought it up, it gave me the motivation that I needed to sit down and write.

Motherhood has been tough for me in many ways, and until recently, I found it difficult to simply enjoy AP’s presence without feeling restless or overwhelmed with fatigue. But lately things within me have shifted and I find myself able to enjoy simple moments with her and to revel in all the new things that she’s doing. So here is a list of things that I love and truly cherish about her. Many of these things relate to things that she says, and how much she makes me laugh.

I love the fact that she…

Still squeals with delight when we play hide-and-go-seek and I’ve found her in the same spot for the 10th time
Says “I find me” when I find her in her not-so-hidden hiding spots
Sings Jingle Bells and other recognizable songs to herself when she wakes up in the morning
Delights in eating with her hands (yes it’s messy, but so fun to see her enjoy the textures)
Is really getting into pretend play. The other day she put one arm through her jacket sleeve, grabbed my bag and said “bye, bye, I’m going”. I responded with “where are you going”, and she said “home”.
Thinks it's hilarious to pull down her pants
Likes broccoli and cauliflower
Enjoys trying to help me when I'm cooking
Has wild curly hair that seems to be dreading on its own
Occasionally says ‘please’ when she really wants something
Will often report back to me when another kid at daycare has hit or bitten her
Tries to count along with me, and it usually goes something like this “1, 5, 8, C, D”
Loves to cuddle with me (and allows me to smother her with kisses several times a day)

I love this girl.
A.