Monday, January 10, 2011

M- Mundane Meals

A few of us had once expressed frustration with feeling like we were always eating the same old. "It's not the cooking we mind", we said, "it's the coming up with ideas for a nutritious meal that is quick!". I know I personally feel like this!

So today I change this! I am going to start posting my weekday meal plans and hope to inspire you guys to do the same! By seeing what is one everyone else's menu, we may be inspired to try new recipes! I personally love diving through my cookbooks, cooking magazines, and websites to find new recipes and to come up with my plan for the week. This can be a bit daunting at time! S. had once mentioned that she saw somewhere that it can be helpful to plan your meals around specific themes for specific days. So I will try this...but more on that later!

First - here is what we actually ate two weeks ago:

Sunday - Vegetarian Moroccan Stew
Monday - Pulled Pork Sandwiches (slow cooker)
Tuesday - Spaghetti with Meatsauce (meatsauce from freezer)
Wed - Banger's and Mash (slow cooker recipe from Emma)
Thurs - Pork Fajitas with leftovers from Monday
Fri - ordered in pizza (hey, nobody's perfect!)
Sat - Gnocchi with bacon and pasta sauce (pantry diving!)

So then switching gears to go with themes. I think this will change as I try to get it to feel right.
This should hopefully make it easier to plan the meals and get grocery shopping for the week!
Monday - pasta dish
Tuesday - Slow Cooker
Wednesday - Vegetarian
Thursday - Casserole/Meat Dish
Friday - Fun! (pizza, tacos, order in)

So the plan for this week:
Monday - Linguine with Spinach Pesto (actually was pretty good, substitute spinach for basil)
Tuesday - Lentil-Veggie Soup
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Maple-Glazed Pork tenderloin with baked apples
Friday - homemade pizza

In posting this for each other, I hope to inspire and be inspired but also to feel somewhat accountable for providing my family with good, wholesome foods! Of course, there will be ordering in more often that should happen!!! I look forward to seeing your menus in separate posts so they don't get lost in comments!