Sunday, January 9, 2011

Giving up on toddler's eating habits...

Today I've decided that I'm giving up on finding ways to feed N veggies. I borrowed Mel's Sneaky Chef book and made what I thought would be great patties filled with veggies that he'll eat.
Nope- he didn't eat any and just started throwing them away.

Remembering the time I laboured early in the morning to make them, to prepare the veggies and puree them, when I could have just worked on my website and maybe perhaps, I would have been on time to have it done by next week so I can start marketing myself and actually make money, well...that is nowhere near finished right now - this makes me very angry.

So today is the clincher for me. After lunch, N set me in such a bad mood that I just took him off the chair, and took him straight to his nap time. Strangely enough, he didn't struggle nor cry.

Today, I decided that I will NOT make any more special meals for N. He will eat whatever is prepared for that night and if he doesn't, then he starves himself.

This all sounds too militaristic and perhaps insensitive but I've reached my breaking point. I'm the boss after all and not the tot. He will have to develop good eating habits and learn to follow the rules.
Thanks for listening.