Thursday, January 13, 2011

Some of my favorite recipes

Hi all,

What follows is not a meal plan (since I'm not that organized...yet), just a quick list of some of the recipes that I'm enjoying and making frequently these days. I'm kind of obsessed with lentils as of late, quinoa too. You have all inspired me with your recipes, so I hope some of you will enjoy these too. Oh and although AP doesn't eat these regularly, she definitely gives them a try when she sees me eating them. We still frequently make seperate meals in our house, which isn't so stressful since AP eats fairly simple meals - pasta or couscous with olive oil and some seasoning (she's anti-tomatoe for the most part), hummus and bread/crackers, cream cheese and bread/crackers, grilled chicken & fish, omeletes, with all of these usually accompagnied with steamed broccoli or cauliflower. She also eats tons of blueberries (I buy the PC organic frozen ones) and grapes, and some yogurt. In terms of snacks, I make blueberry and oat bran muffins regularly, along with other kinds, which she usually eats. I can post those recipes another time.


1. Two kinds of lentil soup

a. Coconut red lentil soup

b. Lentil soup with leafy greens (I used kale)

2. Black bean and sweet potato burritos - I froze the leftovers and they were great for lunches

3. Chicken and quinoa soup - I love this soup! I also usually add some greens to this one. Very easy to make.


Happy cooking.

A.