Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Our meals this week

Well, I've been putting off posting our meals because we just moved and I feel like we're not eating anything particularly inspiring... but hey, this is real life. So here goes...

Monday - Baked breaded sole, whole wheat rotini, and brussel sprouts served with a cheese sauce (the last three items selected because I was pretty sure little a would eat them)

Tuesday - Pad Thai with tofu, prepared by my husband, bless him. Our favourite recipe is from the Rebar Cookbook. Avery loved the noodles!

Wednesday - Black bean and sweet potato burritos, as posted by A (thanks!)

Thursday - Dinner with friends of ours - they host an 'open house' dinner every Thursday!

Friday - Pizza. Friday is always pizza chez nous, for the simple reason that by the time I get to the end of my meal plan, I don't have to rack my brains for what to cook. And we love pizza. This week, I think I'll make this Indian inspired version and possibly add some lentils for extra protein.

I don't tend to plan meals on the weekends, as D and I share the cooking on the weekends and we just take it as it comes.