Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mommmmmmieeeeeee

So it's been a hard week for me. AP has another cold and it has been pretty rough on many levels. Not only has she been waking up at night regularly, but she's been having weird tantrums, usually around 3am, where she throws off her beloved blankie (which she usually can't sleep without)and kicks her legs against the side of her crib. All of this is done while screaming "mommmmieeeeeeeee" over and over again. Not fun. She's also starting to throw tantrums when things don't go exactly as she expects them to. For instance, if she asks for a banana and I peel one for her and give her a small piece instead of letting HER break off the piece herself, she goes nuts. I feel like she's really tied to her routines and preferences these days and if we deviate even slightly, she breaks down. Is this typical toddler/21 month old behaviour or perhaps a reaction to being over-tired from the frequent colds and other illnesses that have hit our household in the last few weeks...? Or perhaps a reaction to her father being away?

Anyways. I just needed to vent. I know my problems are insignificant given the state of today’s world and sometimes I feel guilty venting and feeling overwhelmed by things that don’t involve famine, violence or massive earthquakes. I know I am SO lucky and blessed in so many ways. But sometimes, I feel that if I hear another whiny “mommmmmieeeeeeeeee” come out of my typically sweet little girl’s mouth, my head might just explode. Thanks for listening.