Monday, February 28, 2011

We've finally joined the sickness club

So I was thinking of this blog at 2:30 AM on saturday night when I woke up to find Emilie bawling in her bed covered in vomit!

Yup, it's finally happened, gastro has hit this house. So far only Émilie is sick and my hands are cracked from washing them so much in order to avoid getting it myself.

I just wanted to send a shout out to all of you who have been dealing with sick kiddies; especially on your own! I'm not sure how you pulled it off solo especially in the middle of the night when you are scrambling between comforting/cleaning the frightened toddler and cleaning/disinfecting the mess she's sitting in!

I thought of many of your posts and tips you had given. We really can't complain since she's 19 months and this is her first time really being sick but it's tough nonetheless. They are so helpless and listless and she is now absolutely terrified of our stainless steel bowls since she associates them with throwing up... poor kid.

The worst has passed and now it's a matter of seeing if I can get her to eat any solids (so far only saltine crackers have been accepted and tears at the sight of anything else), and monitoring the rash that has developed (heat rash from fever I believe).

All that to say, many of you have been in my thoughts over the last 48 hrs and I appreciated having read your posts on this sharing board.

Hoping all your little ones are healthy and happy.
xx