Thursday, February 10, 2011

Car seat frustration

I'm having a really hard time tighting the straps enough on C's forward-facing car-seat, and I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the seat (or with me??) or is it just a regular car seat thing? (We inherited the seat from my brother-in-law; it's fine for expiration date and all of that stuff, but I'm wondering if maybe the straps are twisted inside or something?) However, they seem quite easy to tighten if she's not in the seat or if there's a lot of slack, but once it gets within a few inches of her chest I kill myself trying to get it tighter.

We switched C to the forward-facing seat around the same time we had to start dressing her in a full snowsuit, so I'm not sure how much is just due to the bulkiness. It's one of those things for which I have a very low frustration tolerance (i.e., it's freezing out, we're in a rush to get to work/daycare, she's potentially screaming and arching her back because she doesn't want her mitts on, etc.)...so I'm wondering - do I just suck it up and keep yanking on that strap, or do we invest in a new seat? If someone told me there's one out there that's super "smooth" to get in and out, I think we'd go for it!!